Magic Sauce


Y'all, my family is in some serious need of a healthy meal. Juliana and I returned late, really late, like 3am late from visiting my parents on Sunday. If I'm ever away, my husband has a superpower that kicks in. It's surviving off what I would think is an empty fridge. I asked him if he wanted me to make meals prior to leaving, and he said: "just buy me some frozen chicken breast". Talk about easy to please! The following morning upon returning, we had the unfortunate and sad event of his grandma's visitation followed by the funeral the next day. Needless to say, the grocery store was the last place on my mind. We indulged in Chicken Alfredo and frozen vegetables for a few days to avoid going to the store. You all know what came next, the broccoli cheddar soup. All that to say, I figure it's time for a guilt-free meal.

Tonight's dinner consists of roasted citrus salmon topped with tzatziki sauce, served with quinoa and kale salad. If you want to feel like a kitchen king/queen who effortlessly composes a healthy and gourmet meal, this is the menu for you. I speak from experience. I'm wearing a baseball cap all whilst trying to make my alma mater t-shirt look trendy under a baggy cardigan sweater. We have yet to do cleanup time with the toys. My son keeps thinking that my saying "no" and redirecting his attention away from slapping the T.V. is a super fun game, and I have laundry to fold. But by golly, the illusion of having it all put-together will radiate from my family's plates tonight.

- - - - - - 

Tzatziki Sauce

Ingredients
4 cups Greek Yogurt, I used whole milk
2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
*1.5Tbsp if using dry dill
3 cloves garlic, pressed or smashed
3/4 cup cucumber, chopped finely
1.5 Tsp fresh lemon juice
salt to taste

Instructions
Try to make at least an hour ahead of serving. Mix all the ingredients together. Taste to make sure you're satisfied but keep in mind the flavors will strengthen as time goes on. Lick the spoon if no one's looking, and nonchalantly offer to share the spoon if they are. Chill until ready to serve.
Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts